BioProfessor said:True. I just like the natural look and not the varnished look.
Personal preference I guess.
Daryl
BioProfessor said:I did not clean anything but dirt off. The surface is unaltered.
Daryl
BioProfessor said:Most of the buttons I find are not gold gilt. Those that are are usually in good shape. 350 year old copper coins. Not so good.
I just like them to look like they would if they were being worn.
Daryl
BioProfessor said:Just looks fake to me. Police officers shinning bare metal. Geez, they need a new badge.
Daryl

BioProfessor said:Not saying the buttons are fake. The finish just doesn't look real. Not what you would see when the buttons were in use.
Daryl
BioProfessor said:Ah, yes they are. And shiny on a coat. Never.
BioProfessor said:This is as seen on a coat.
Daryl
BioProfessor said:Don't know what this has to do with metal with missing guilt but thanks for the info.
Daryl
BioProfessor said:That is a button taken from a coat in the 1860's. Yes, that is what they looked like when in use.
Daryl
BioProfessor said:Buttons on a coat were never shiny like the ones you posted. They are like the ones I posted. They don't look varnished. They look slick and dry.
Daryl