What's new

Button Maybe and pen nib?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,710
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have anything better to do so I thought I would pester Y'all with some what is its! I was told that the piece on the left might be a nib to an old ink pen. I am not sure about the round piece. It might be a button but it is pretty thin. I think there may have been a loop on the one side but it is hard to tell.
 

Attachments

  • button and nib 2.webp
    button and nib 2.webp
    601.5 KB · Views: 85
  • button and nib 3.webp
    button and nib 3.webp
    568.3 KB · Views: 78
  • possible button 3.webp
    possible button 3.webp
    484.7 KB · Views: 77
Don't know about the round thing, but the other looks to be the tip off of an aiguillette shoulder cord.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 5.54.11 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 5.54.11 AM.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Upvote 0
^ Bonus points for the use of the word "aiguillette". :)
 
Upvote 0
Similarly, bolo ties use tips like those.
 
Upvote 0
Could something like that have been used during the civil war? We have found CS and Union buttons at this site.
 
Upvote 0
LOOKS CIVIL WAR.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom