West Jersey Detecting Gold Member Joined Oct 23, 2006 Messages 5,249 Reaction score 1,102 Golden Thread 1 Location Philadelphia Area 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE Primary Interest: Other Feb 28, 2012 #1 My friend Dale found this at a colonial site. I would have thought it was a button, but it is holed which some creates doubt. I did not measure it but it is around 17mm. As you can see there are letters around the edge, but I think there are signs of a shank. Why would a person hole a button?
My friend Dale found this at a colonial site. I would have thought it was a button, but it is holed which some creates doubt. I did not measure it but it is around 17mm. As you can see there are letters around the edge, but I think there are signs of a shank. Why would a person hole a button?
Mackaydon Sapphire Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Oct 26, 2004 Messages 25,999 Reaction score 28,656 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer Primary Interest: Shipwrecks Feb 28, 2012 #2 What does the reverse side look like? Don... Upvote 0
IronSpike Silver Member Joined Feb 24, 2009 Messages 3,142 Reaction score 61 Golden Thread 0 Location NC Detector(s) used Whites XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 28, 2012 #3 I see an O but not the shank part, sorry that's all I can assist with Based pending pic of back I would lean towards coin/jeton/token. Upvote 0
I see an O but not the shank part, sorry that's all I can assist with Based pending pic of back I would lean towards coin/jeton/token.
Silver Searcher Gold Member Joined Sep 27, 2006 Messages 10,425 Reaction score 2,724 Golden Thread 1 Location UK 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 28, 2012 #4 Is this mark a counter stamp looks to have the letter J SS Attachments 032a.webp 138.4 KB · Views: 408 Upvote 0
IronSpike Silver Member Joined Feb 24, 2009 Messages 3,142 Reaction score 61 Golden Thread 0 Location NC Detector(s) used Whites XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 29, 2012 #5 Neil in West Jersey said: Why would a person hole a button? Click to expand... Maybe a coin turned into a button Will you be able to get your friend to provide a pic of the back? Upvote 0
Neil in West Jersey said: Why would a person hole a button? Click to expand... Maybe a coin turned into a button Will you be able to get your friend to provide a pic of the back?