What's new

Button/Pin?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Looks like a thumb tack, but backing is not pointed and seems old because of the patina. Any guesses? ???
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1382.webp
    IMG_1382.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1383.webp
    IMG_1383.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1384.webp
    IMG_1384.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 195
Yep, is what it looks like, an early tack. Find them at my late 1700s/early 1800s sites.
 
Upvote 0
bloody tacks, I hate them, they sound like small romans
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
bloody tacks, I hate them, they sound like small romans


But at least if you're finding them you can be confident you're digging signals to get you the small stuff. For someone like me who is out for buttons it's a good sign.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
bloody tacks, I hate them, they sound like small romans


But at least if you're finding them you can be confident you're digging signals to get you the small stuff. For someone like me who is out for buttons it's a good sign.

true & they are easier to find than the pieces of lead which are a 1/4 of the size :P
 
Upvote 0
Didn't realize they made tacks that old. :dontknow:
Thanks for the ID again Iron Patch. :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
bloody tacks, I hate them, they sound like small romans


But at least if you're finding them you can be confident you're digging signals to get you the small stuff. For someone like me who is out for buttons it's a good sign.

true & they are easier to find than the pieces of lead which are a 1/4 of the size :P


Yeah I gut those too. Quite a pain to find in the mud!
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
bloody tacks, I hate them, they sound like small romans

Talking tacks? :D
And do small romans sound different to any other romans? :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
bloody tacks, I hate them, they sound like small romans

I have heard that the small romans were the least popular ones during the parties they had in the baths... :P
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
CRUSADER said:
bloody tacks, I hate them, they sound like small romans

I have heard that the small romans were the least popular ones during the parties they had in the baths... :P


There ain't no baths in prison!
 

Attachments

  • 1202_roman_polanski_bn03.webp
    1202_roman_polanski_bn03.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
That's not to say he won't be popular in the shower. ;D
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom