Hello All,
Found this button here off N Druid Hills Road in Dekalb County, Ga just north of Clear Creek. Brass with a rusted metal back. Crown over exploding cannon ball? with a rod through the middle vertically. Oak or laural leaf motif each side. Back encrusted with rock and dirt rusted together. No idea of origin, period or purpose, but maybe a coat button. I appreciate an ID on this one. Thanks, marco001
Found this button here off N Druid Hills Road in Dekalb County, Ga just north of Clear Creek. Brass with a rusted metal back. Crown over exploding cannon ball? with a rod through the middle vertically. Oak or laural leaf motif each side. Back encrusted with rock and dirt rusted together. No idea of origin, period or purpose, but maybe a coat button. I appreciate an ID on this one. Thanks, marco001
I removed my comment because it was obviously a mistake.
It could still be old fashion design. Crown over thistle, oak leaves. Im sorry I didnt spend very much time looking.







