What's new

Button, Rivet, What Is It?

Cantstopdigging

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2016
Messages
634
Reaction score
2,189
Golden Thread
0
Location
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Forum,

I found this out in the woods in a spot where I think there was once a home. Is this a button? Or maybe a rivet? Or maybe an overall type of button? It was all rusty when I found it. I soaked it in vinegar and tooth picked it. It also sticks to a magnet.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0424.webpIMG_0425.webp
 
Looks like an overall rivet. I find lots of those and the buttons that the suspenders hook onto too.
 
Upvote 0
I was hoping to find a back mark, or brand / pattern of some type. Nothing at all...
 
Upvote 0
Nope. May have corroded off, or was never there. I hate them anyway...always sound and look like coins at first!! Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using TreasureNet.com mobile app
 
Upvote 0
It looks aluminum.
I would say it a Pop Rivet.
Real hard to find a pic of a used one...
 

Attachments

  • poprivet.webp
    poprivet.webp
    329.3 KB · Views: 74
  • pop rivet.webp
    pop rivet.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom