Button/Seal ID Help??

DevilDocST

Apr 22, 2006
Stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Hi all its MA_Hunter001 :) 8)

I would like to have some help identifying a button/seal, that I found on an old wagon road, behind a cemetery. (dating back to 1800's)
While metal detecting the road i found an IH penny and what looks like a button/seal.

It is about the size of a quarter (maybe a tad bigger) But not the exact thickness of a quarter. It is very thin.

With a flower in the center. (not the whole flower but like the petals of the flower and a little part of the stem.

It looks as if the edges were extended farther, but now they are all jagged. ( And around the outside of the flower, there are some markings kinda like those of a pine tree shilling, but I've already concluded that it is definitely not a shilling. Like a circle around the flower. (made up of little dots.) ???

The back of the object looks like it had a piece that connected to it, because of a raised circle/bump. I'm thinking it might be a seal to a wagon, but there are no holes in it. ???

When my camera works I'll try and post a pic. :) I have a good feeling that it is from the 1800's because the cemetery which is right down a footpath from the road has the bodies of revolutionary war soldiers. (The object was found on the wagon road at a junction.)(If ur wondering I never dug in the cemetery, and I never will :) )

Any help would be greatly appreciated or any websites with 1800 buttons or antique buttons would we awesome. Even websites with seals would be great too, since I'm not exactly sure if it is a button.

HH

MA_Hunter001

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread