What's new

Button

Barrydang

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2019
Messages
297
Reaction score
1,160
Golden Thread
0
Location
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A button. Just seeing if someone might have some
Info. It says “superior gold colour” on the back. Some kind of six pointed star on the front or that’s what I call it anyways.
 

Attachments

  • 47A11EAB-E4A4-4FCB-8BF6-476EF8BF070F.webp
    47A11EAB-E4A4-4FCB-8BF6-476EF8BF070F.webp
    398.7 KB · Views: 86
  • A94AA36B-EA57-45F6-84AE-0674D11A781E.webp
    A94AA36B-EA57-45F6-84AE-0674D11A781E.webp
    403.4 KB · Views: 74
I think it is a fancy civilian button and from the spelling of colour, made in England. I am guessing mid 19th century starting around 1835 give or take a few years. Is the backmark raised letters?
 
Upvote 0
I think it is a fancy civilian button and from the spelling of colour, made in England. I am guessing mid 19th century starting around 1835 give or take a few years. Is the backmark raised letters?

Yes it is raised letters
 
Upvote 0
As per Todays find Civvy circa 1880s
 
Upvote 0
It might be my eyes playing tricks on me, but the back looks like brass and the face looks to be iron? :icon_scratch:
The front must be stamped brass though, I guess it's just the corrosion that makes it look like iron to me.

Dave
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom