What's new

Button

ncsuwolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Messages
1,239
Reaction score
3,209
Golden Thread
0
Location
Near Richmond va
Found today at site that dates from at least 1850s near Richmond Va. it’s a 2-piece in relatively good shape (I hate not all my button finds are like this one). I’m assuming civilian, but has anyone ever seen a button with a man’s head before? It reminds me of the “sportsman” buttons, but they usually have dogs, deer or birds…..not people. I dont see it in Albert’s “political button” section. Any ideas appreciated. No writing I can see on front or back.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4197.webp
    IMG_4197.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4198.webp
    IMG_4198.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
Upvote 8
I believe that may be a Presidential campaign button, but I can't remember for which President. Maybe you can dig into it a little further.
 
awesome find! The patina is great and the details for its age. I'm getting into buttons and buckles more now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom