Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buttons, a Bayonet & 15 crusty coppers!

As we try to do, we dug plenty, but "I" didn't get over anything too great. The bayonet isn't quite all there but it's a first so is cool. I always like a early seals, they popped up out of nowhere, did not expect them where we were as almost everything was 1800s. Too bad the coins are brutal condition but it was fun finding them. The 1813 Trade & Navigation will be very nice once cleaned. The second last coin is a Sheffield Penny Token. The last I'm guessing an early 1800s Reis but I haven't tried to match it yet. Others are a George III Hibernia, 1830 Halfpenny token, another Trade & Navigation, George II Farthing, Halifax Halfpenny, 1812 Halfpenny, stamped Halfpenny (I) ... and a few more all not worth showing closer.

Next hunt is early next week, hope the weather hangs on!

Attachments

• bay1.jpg
    bay1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,570
  • bay2.jpg
    bay2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,589
  • bay7.jpg
    bay7.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,570
  • bay8.jpg
    bay8.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,569
  • bay9.jpg
    bay9.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,567
  • bay10.jpg
    bay10.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,572
  • bay11.jpg
    bay11.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,554
  • bay6.jpg
    bay6.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,554
Upvote 0
Re: Buttons, a Bayonet & 15 crusty coppers!

hi really nice finds. The token with the building on it reminds me of a one penny "I support the poor house" Token. Fund raiser token for English work houses for the poor. Is it quite large and thick ?

tinpan

This was my last hunt of 2009 and finally this weekend should kick things off for 2010. :headbang: Almost 4 months and no digs!

I bet the title scares the PA Colonial bros until they see it's an old post. ;D

Iron Patch said:
This was my last hunt of 2009 and finally this weekend should kick things off for 2010. :headbang: Almost 4 months and no digs!

we know, we know...

just kidding. can't wait to see what you come up with!

Iron Patch said:

I'll be refreshing the screen every 10 seconds tomorrow night, IP. :laughing9: You are due...for a whole year worth of rides on the skunk mobile. :laughing9:

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:

I'll be refreshing the screen every 10 seconds tomorrow night, IP. :laughing9: You are due...for a whole year worth of rides on the skunk mobile. :laughing9:

I expect targets to be pretty sparse for the next little while.... but it just takes the right one! :thumbsup:

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:

I'll be watching too ;D

shaun7 said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:

I'll be watching too ;D

Might be meant to be.... the upper shaft I needed just arrived in the mail. :thumbsup: Just the joy of digging a few old targets will almost be enough. (but I will always be after the big one) :headbang:

Whew, I thought you found those today. :laughing7: Welcome back, Patch, and continue to strive for Revolutionary war gold. :wink:

Kirk

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:

I expect targets to be pretty sparse for the next little while.... but it just takes the right one! :thumbsup:

Make us proud with something so killer that your camera won't be able to get a clear shot of it because of extreme shaking of the hands. :laughing9:

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:

Make us proud with something so killer that your camera won't be able to get a clear shot of it because of extreme shaking of the hands. :laughing9:

When I see it in the hole I want to hear one thing in the back of my mind.... Awesome Kyle, awesome! :laughing9:

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:

When I see it in the hole I want to hear one thing in the back of my mind.... Awesome Kyle, awesome! :laughing9:

I don't even want to hear that. Instead, I want the person who is standing behind you to pass out because of disbelief in what he just saw IP pop out. :laughing9:

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:

I don't even want to hear that. Instead, I want the person who is standing behind you to pass out because of disbelief in what he just saw IP pop out. :laughing9:

He won't pass out, just call me a bunch of names like usual. ;D

Awesome finds. Congrats on your first bayonet.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back