What's new

Buttons

tokens70

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
445
Reaction score
92
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, Explorer 2
Here are a few buttons that I have dug & need some help with age. The first button (Vannoy Interstate) I dont know anything about. Second button I know is a Frisco RR button, but I dont know the age. Third button I thought had the missouri state seal on it, but now im not so sure, need the age on it too if possible. I know there are backmark books for this type of thing, and I used to have alot of different reference books, but I was trusting enough to lend them and never saw him or them again >:( So anyway this is one of the only ways for me to find out about my finds, so I hope yall are not tired of my many posts!!! ;D Really enjoy being a member of this forum, thanks again, chris :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • group 3 058.webp
    group 3 058.webp
    45 KB · Views: 292
  • group 3 059.webp
    group 3 059.webp
    40 KB · Views: 291
  • group 3 060.webp
    group 3 060.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 287
  • group 3 061.webp
    group 3 061.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 290
  • group 3 062.webp
    group 3 062.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 284
  • group 3 064.webp
    group 3 064.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 270
  • group 3 063.webp
    group 3 063.webp
    37 KB · Views: 282
Thanks guys, for the links on the buttons. :thumbsup: Do you think the Mo. state seal button is CW period? The reason I ask is the one on the link is staff style. ???
 
Upvote 0
I would say that the backmark would put it in the CW Era.

fortbballl9
 
Upvote 0
fortbball9 said:
I would say that the backmark would put it in the CW Era.

fortbballl9


According to Tice, the only way to date these is by their backmarks. I do see a "SUPERIOR QUALITY" mark in Tice, with stars between the words. So that would mean 1865 or earlier...BUT I only see one ring of dots on the backmark in the one posted above, and the backmark should be between two rings of dots on a CW era example.


So I don't know if it is CW after all. :-\
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
fortbball9 said:
I would say that the backmark would put it in the CW Era.

fortbballl9


According to Tice, the only way to date these is by their backmarks. I do see a "SUPERIOR QUALITY" mark in Tice, with stars between the words. So that would mean 1865 or earlier...BUT I only see one ring of dots on the backmark in the one posted above, and the backmark should be between two rings of dots on a CW era example.


So I don't know if it is CW after all. :-\
Thanks BuckleBoy,
I need to get Tice's button book because really Albert's don't get into the rings of dots,stars between
letters things like that etc.So you very well could be right .I just seen "SUPERIOR QUALITY" and knew
that it was a backmark during CW.But you are right about that there is so much info needed to
date a button by the backmark.

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Doesnt really matter, still a good button find! thanks everyone!!! :)
 
Upvote 0
tokens70 said:
Doesnt really matter, still a good button find! thanks everyone!!! :)

Most Certainly! I wish I could dig a state seal button of any kind or type Every hunt. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Yes!!! No doubt that would be nice ;D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom