What's new

buttton I.D?

fatsmahoney

Sr. Member
Joined
May 3, 2007
Messages
273
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
Reads excelsior cannot read back it might say ever rich quality cant tell for sure this button was dub in newaygo county near croton dam
 

Attachments

  • excelsior button.webp
    excelsior button.webp
    90 KB · Views: 180
I think it's a NewYork State seal button. Nice find. :thumbsup:

Wolverine.
 
Yep! NY button! a keeper for sure! :icon_thumright:
 
Sweet old button!! WTG :icon_thumleft:
 
my dad is always finding buttons like thiss alot look military but we cant identify them
 
It's and 1850's to 80's New York button. From the detail on the face it looks 70'-80's period to me. If you can post a pic of the back that should help narrow down the date. If the backmark is Boylan or it has SNY on the back it is 1870's-80's for sure.
 
Awesome button Fats! Looks like the ones the Civil war guys dig up. I'm always surprised to see them dug in Michigan.
Looks like you still get away up north from time to time. So do I, not too far from you. I have a ghost town that would be interesting to check out, we should talk. My spots around home are drying up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom