Buyers and their threats and sleaze tactics

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I have a case of drawer slides for sale... 10 sets in the case. I get this message from a potential buyer:
"how many drawers can I assemble with this pack? From my understanding of the description, it is for 10 ten drawers but I would like to confirm before we get into problems of false advertisement. please reply asap. thanks"

What the heck?! I blocked him from bidding and didn't answer him. Sometimes you get the feeling there is going to be a problem before you go into a deal, and this is definitely one of them. My description is clear, the photos are clear, and the product is easy to look up and research if he wants to know more.

We get weird stuff like this sometimes. People are strange.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I understand completely..... Look at our nation today...... What the heck?

Stay safe, and do business with only the "sane".

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some buyers are clearly sleazy people...it's the few that come back 2 months later and want some or all of their money back and open a case that really irk me. I currently have an open case against me, 2 months after delivery of a Mercedes grill, this jerk says it doesn't fit his car and wants his money back, first time I told a buyer to go suck it.
I don't have to refund a penny but have no way to close the case either.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF he can't understand the description, especially with pictures... I think you are saving yourself a headache by putting him on ignore =)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I definitely see what your saying, because I get that vibe from some buyer questions. Some actually come with an attitude and I'll usually reply, but do it in a way that both answers the question and sees if they're just looking for a fight. Surprisingly quite a few back off and become normal, maybe because they sense I'm not going to tolerate it, but if I get a 2nd message in the same tone they are blocked.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't got to many weirdo's, but some international buyers get a bit goofy and ask things in strange ways or want some type of guarantee. I do give 14 days for buyers to change their minds and get a refund on return. This guy just seems like a worry wart in fear of getting horked. I'm sure that's how they see their life around them, "always the victim they are" They should only shop at places like wal-mart.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Yeah, usually if I'm already in the deal and I get a message like that, I give them the "I'm not putting up with your crap" tone in my message back to them and that usually nips it in the bud, but I'd rather just avoid the whole thing from the get go when it starts off like this guy did. Throwing words like false advertisement out there with no basis? I've sold many of these cases of 10 with nothing but good reviews from customers. Maybe he thinks my price is unbelievably low for a case of 10? The auction says it's for ten sets, it shows the case of them and I pictured a case opened with one laying on top to show what they are. Dufus.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I glad I'm not the only one who gets these weird questions! People will push you as far as you let them.

Yeah, usually if I'm already in the deal and I get a message like that, I give them the "I'm not putting up with your crap" tone in my message back to them and that usually nips it in the bud, but I'd rather just avoid the whole thing from the get go when it starts off like this guy did. Throwing words like false advertisement out there with no basis? I've sold many of these cases of 10 with nothing but good reviews from customers. Maybe he thinks my price is unbelievably low for a case of 10? The auction says it's for ten sets, it shows the case of them and I pictured a case opened with one laying on top to show what they are. Dufus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread