What's new

Buying coins from coin machines?

smoke63b

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2009
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found out today that I can pick up bags of the coins from the coin turn-in machines for whatever amount they collected that day in any given denomination. They had a bag of dimes today that was 667 bucks. I almost picked it up but figured I'd wait and ask if this is a good source or not. I'm extremely new to this.
Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
get them dimes. halves will probably be hit and miss, somene might be using that machine to dump clad halves
 
I second that, get them. I have been having great luck with dimes lately. Oh, glad you joined us. You are now ruined.... ;D
 
Buy everything except quarters and small dollars.
 
TXTim said:
Buy everything except quarters and small dollars.

got a 500 bag of quarters yesterday and got 4 washingtons
 
I'm going to start picking some of those up. My thing is will I need to roll all of those before depositing them at my bank when I'm done with them? Will your own bank generally let you trade the coinage for cash or do you usually deposit it directly into your account?

I'll get a bag by Monday or so and post the results.
 
d2arcing said:
what bank allows you to do this?

get it!
It just depends on who the tellers are. In the past I wasn't able to buy them, but when they moved it to another branch the tellers there have let me buy them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom