What's new

Buying my first detector

laurasplumcreek

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just bought my first metal detector. It is a Bounty Hunter Challenger with a 7" coil for $129.99. Now I see a Bounty Hunter Gold Digger with a 7" coil for $68.00. I can't see what the difference is between the two. The Challenger was twice as much... is it twice as good or no better?
 
You should be able to look up the specifications for both on the internet. I've had no experience with either of them.
Good luck.........63bkpkr
 
There's quite a lot of difference. The Gold Digger would be considered almost a toy today. You made a better buy for an entry detector.

Storm
 
That's good to hear. I couldn't find information about the Challenger independent from the stores which are trying to sell it to me.

Thanks
 
Maybe the Gold digger is for gold and runs at a high frequency.??
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom