What's new

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
The bee went out for her second trip with the yellow and black wetsuit. I wasn’t expecting to find much since it’s been way to cold for anyone to go swimming but I was pleasantly surprised. No, I didn’t find any gold but I came home with 3 silver rings, 61 cents in clad and the usual array of junk. All in all, it was a good hunt. Especially since I only spent a little less than two hours doing it. Not bad at all.

They were all totally black and I figured two of them were silver but was surprised to find that all three were silver. I wish I could get them to “shine” like the rest of you do but evidently I just don’t have the knack. I have a nice electrolysis unit. I have a chamois. I have jewelers rouge. I have silver soap. I have a dremmel that I can buff it up with. I have a silver cleaner/polisher cloth and still…. I just can’t get that sparkle. Ah well, no matter in my eyes they are pretty so that is all that matters to me.

This one says Sterling on the inside and it's a large but thin ring. It has a pretty scroll design on it but it's hard to see since I can't get it shining.

Ring0216113.jpg

This one is stamped 925 inside

Ring0216112-1.jpg

This one is also stamped 925 inside On the outside it says..... Friendship Love Happiness

Ring0216111-1.jpg

Not bad for my second day out this year in my new wetsuit. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Wow, Mumszie! You're doing great with finding 3 rings, WTG!

Busy as a
bee.gif
 
Here is a current picture of my cleaning the rings. Much better than they were. Thanks for the help.

Rings021611aftercleaning.jpg
 
Marvelous job on the cleaning, Mumszie! :hello2:
 
Must be some Mojo in that Bee suit huh? Super nice going Mums. 3??? 3??? You go girl, gonna be a great year yet. :hello2:
 
Nice haul Queen Bee :icon_thumleft:

Ace Villa-v
 
Silver shine or no shine is better than copper or slaw! Good hunt mumz! :thumbsup:
 
Good job. :icon_thumleft:

I can;t believe you're finding real jewelry at the beach right now.

Guess they aren't as cleaned out as we may have thought. :icon_pirat:
 
Hey Mumszie ... :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: BIG Congrats!

A 3 ring day is nothing to sneeze at. That suit "suits" you just fine!

HH Joe
 
Mumszie - Nice finds. You sure have plenty of cleaning stuff, but I usually use just one thing and it works well for me. Tooth paste!

Put some between your thumb and fingers to clean the ring. Rinse paste off and polish with silver cloth and/or dremmel tool polisher. Works every time. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!!! :icon_thumleft:

 
Hey Mat,i found a silver ring just like the one in your avatar. Congrats Mumszie.
 
Congratulations, you did well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom