C.W finds from weekend

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone , I ventured out this past Sunday to a old site where finds are deep but lucky the ground was still kind of moist from the recent rain . At the end of the day totaled 9 c.w bullets consisting of two .69 cals which one had been wormed 4 .54 cal all different variation's and one wormed and also 1 sharps which the base was cover in black from being burnt and 1 .69 cal musket ball . And also scored what was left of a C.W era needle and a nice little watch fob and a cuff size eagle button still trying to match that one up with a date it has a shield on it solid one piece button more than likely 1812 but open to suggestions on that one and also scored a 1906 V knickel and a nice 1882 IH . And a small umbrella cuff button . And some asorted iron which I still have to do some electrolysis on along with the rest of my iron from the last few months . Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1677.jpg
    IMG_1677.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1679.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1680.jpg
    IMG_1680.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1681.jpg
    IMG_1681.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 8

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice civil war saves. Congrats

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some sweet CW history there. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds congrats.

OP
OP
Ifoundit69

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Quindy , I was kind of surprised by the sharps it was in a section I had'nt ventured over to becuase the landowners neighbor has kind of taken over that part of her yard by parking his boats and jet sky's, kids toys, swing set etc , and thinks he owns it but I had the land survey in my pocket and the owner told me I have permission to fire off about it if he approached me . Which im glad I did go over there as it was a hut site area and pulled some pottery out of there and peices of brick from the chimneys on the huts and that nice sharps . I am hoping to get another machine soon that will get me a little deeper on the site as the good stuff is below the 12 inch mark and bad soil ....

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I like the coins.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking forward to seeing what you find with a deeper machine. Great lead!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on some fantastic finds. Buttons, bullets, coins and more to make an awesome day of hunting. Thanks for sharing.

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great group of relics there! I'm still in awe of the weight and size of those .69 bullets. Great looking Sharps as well. Keep it up and good luck :icon_thumright:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Quindy , I was kind of surprised by the sharps it was in a section I had'nt ventured over to becuase the landowners neighbor has kind of taken over that part of her yard by parking his boats and jet sky's, kids toys, swing set etc , and thinks he owns it but I had the land survey in my pocket and the owner told me I have permission to fire off about it if he approached me . Which im glad I did go over there as it was a hut site area and pulled some pottery out of there and peices of brick from the chimneys on the huts and that nice sharps . I am hoping to get another machine soon that will get me a little deeper on the site as the good stuff is below the 12 inch mark and bad soil ....

Look that area over close Bud. Sharps are usually found more so in cavalry sites. We find them in CS camps too as they had captured weapons & ammo. If that hut site is on your property, dig it out and you can use your old detector to check the hole as you go. HH, Q.

NolanTheExplorer

May 11, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, ProPointer, Ace 250, GTA 1250, Radio Shack Bounty Hunter, Eye Balls, Intuition, Instinct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice finds man!
if this is the spot i think it is, im glad to hear the old lady is doing alright.
im also glad to hear lead and buttons are still coming out of the ground.
that's a special place, its not often you can find a va button next to an eagle button next to a NC button!
lets get back there together soon...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You found some really great finds,looks like you are in a sweet spot for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions