What's new

Cache withdrawl from the bank

rwsnc

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2007
Messages
990
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was talking to the branch manager of the place where I do my banking and I had asked her if she ever got any old coins.

She told me that she gets some in occasionally, so I asked her if she would hold them for me and give me a call if she
gets anymore in. She called me yesterday..... 62 silver quarters. This is way easier than metal detecting in the heat. The bank is air conditioned.

DSC_0188.jpg
 
Upvote 0
You can't find silver any easier than that, congrats.
 
Yeah... It would probably take me the rest of my life to find that many silver quarters.
 
I give you an A-plus for ingenuity. :headbang:

And a pat on the back for the great find. :thumbsup:

Did she supply you with any other old coins?
 
B|lker said:
I give you an A-plus for ingenuity. :headbang:

And a pat on the back for the great find. :thumbsup:

Did she supply you with any other old coins?

As a matter of fact, a couple weeks ago, she gave me a steel penny. She said the quarters were "very old". As I recall there's a 1934 and a 1935 in the mix, but they're barely in "Good" shape.
 
i have tried that at all the banks in my area, usually there is one teller that culls it all for him (her)self :'( :'( congrats on your find though, i hardly ever find a silver quarter in the wild
 
Thanks. When she told me they were "Very Old".. I had visions of a pile of Standing Liberty or Barber quarters.
 
Fistfulladirt said:
Nice! You owe her a lunch delivered!

At least...
 
Welcome to the joy of Coin roll hunting. Beautiful silver.

Golden Silver
 
Most excellent!
Congrats!!!
 
I've tried your trick at 6 branches in the past couple of years. All I've managed to do is to make 6 new silver collectors. :-\
 
dp2013 said:
I've tried your trick at 6 branches in the past couple of years. All I've managed to do is to make 6 new silver collectors. :-\

I'm a little afraid of that, myself. I didn't mention anything about worth. I just told her that I like the older silver coins and if they got into the wrong hands they'd probably be melted down and end up as a bracelet on someone's wrist. :dontknow:
 
rwsnc said:
dp2013 said:
I've tried your trick at 6 branches in the past couple of years. All I've managed to do is to make 6 new silver collectors. :-\

I'm a little afraid of that, myself. I didn't mention anything about worth. I just told her that I like the older silver coins and if they got into the wrong hands they'd probably be melted down and end up as a bracelet on someone's wrist. :dontknow:


I'm adding that phrase to my list of stolen CRH lies...I mean misdirections....
 
Cherryman68 said:
rwsnc said:
dp2013 said:
I've tried your trick at 6 branches in the past couple of years. All I've managed to do is to make 6 new silver collectors. :-\

I'm a little afraid of that, myself. I didn't mention anything about worth. I just told her that I like the older silver coins and if they got into the wrong hands they'd probably be melted down and end up as a bracelet on someone's wrist. :dontknow:


I'm adding that phrase to my list of stolen CRH lies...I mean misdirections....

:laughing7: ;D :laughing7:
 
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! Nice work.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom