Cache?

Jul 11, 2008
Neosho,Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac ,Tesoro cibola
A guy that worked with my wife was telling her that when he was a kid,
His grandmother gave him,and,his two brothers,all a quart jar full of indian head pennies.
Thats a quart jar a piece.He said they were just kids then,and played with them,and lost all
of them,out in the yard.They grew up,moved out,and the parents sold the house.
He showed me where it was,but the old man that lives there,will not let me hunt the yard.
i have it for reference though.
Maybe someday.
LabradorBob

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
"the old man that lives there,will not let me hunt the yard." Mean old fart! Hey,...old men eventually die off, and then you will get your chance to detect.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Make the old man a partner, let him work with you, teach him the detector (all with
an agreement to split the coins 50/50, one for you, one for me). He may be broke
and doesn't want to let anything go, but if you can make him half, he may go for
it. Both of you can pick up some change without waiting years. He may know of
some other stories for later also.
Rich

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, offer to let him help and negotiate, if he hesitates say OK you get 60 percent and I get 40 and that is the best I can do...he then feels he has gained the upper hand and you didn't loose much.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coins may not be in good condition but good luck to all of you. Maybe Grandma had other old coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread