Caffeine withdrawal? You are now mentally ill!

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Crispin. I assume you were not responding to my post. But I would like to know why any addictions resultant diseases or maladies should be paid for by the general public?

By default...nobody can be turned away from a hospital if they are dying. In the end...that is where they end up. In ERs, ORs, and ICUs.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
:censored:

What a class act you are. Taking personal shots at me huh? Talking down to me huh? What's stuck in your craw?

Where did I say addiction is not a disease? I believe I said obesity is not a disease.
It has not been officially recognized/classified as a disease by the AMA. As a matter of fact it's being debated almost as we speak. Have a nice day Crispin.

Thank you for calling me a class act. That was a polite compliment.

"To label caffeine withdrawal a mental health disorder is nothing more than a way for doctors to bill insurance companies for treating this so called "disorder". Shame on you APA. What's next?"

You can have my stethoscope when you pry it out of my cold dead hands. Control your emotions or somebody else will.

Crispin

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By default...nobody can be turned away from a hospital if they are dying. In the end...that is where they end up. In ERs, ORs, and ICUs.
Yes. But Why? if you do not care about yourself, why should others take the responsibility? Is that really the art of humanism?
Shouldn't one be taught self worth to start with? Maybe even winners and losers?

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. But Why? if you do not care about yourself, why should others take the responsibility? Is that really the art of humanism?
Shouldn't one be taught self worth to start with? Maybe even winners and losers?

I don't make the rules. I just see the patients. I don't mind charity work...but almost fifty percent of hospital patients are uninsured. That means the doctors don't get paid either. Of course, now that we have this new caffeine withdrawal code we all are going to get super rich. Not kind of rich...filthy, dirty, rolling in the greens rich. Suckers! We fooled you all! You never should have let that get into the DSM, moohaha!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin,
You do not enjoy your work enough for a charity case or 2? Just wait till your wages are regulated on the other side, the ones that could have paid for the service! I am sorry for the hit you will take in your pay soon. Who would have thought your years of education would be one of the first casualties?

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crispin,
You do not enjoy your work enough for a charity case or 2? Just wait till your wages are regulated on the other side, the ones that could have paid for the service! I am sorry for the hit you will take in your pay soon. Who would have thought your years of education would be one of the first casualties?

I'm prepping for it. Storing up syringes, antibiotics, gauze, bandages....you name it. It has already happened. Obamacare will end in bloodshed.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
come on dave he's joshing you, he does plenty of pro bono work

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm prepping for it. Storing up syringes, antibiotics, gauze, bandages....you name it. It has already happened. Obamacare will end in bloodshed.

Good for you! glad you are on the conservatives side then. Always look out for he less fortunate, it is not something he government is capable of! When they do it there is always the bureaucratic best "fit" rule. Not usually the personal best fit.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't make the rules. I just see the patients. I don't mind charity work...but almost fifty percent of hospital patients are uninsured. That means the doctors don't get paid either. Of course, now that we have this new caffeine withdrawal code we all are going to get super rich. Not kind of rich...filthy, dirty, rolling in the greens rich. Suckers! We fooled you all! You never should have let that get into the DSM, moohaha!

By the way, I heard you cut off feet instead of treating Diabetes? and take out tonsils instead of treating sore throat? Doesn't that make you the bad guys? The fellow said you make more money from that.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to say that I don't like the DSM V....Takes a very human condition such as the reaction to loss of a loved one and labels it as a condition.
As far as the addiction issue..There is a difference between psychological and physical addiction. I don't subscribe to the disease model!
That's my two cents..:)

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to say that I don't like the DSM V....Takes a very human condition such as the reaction to loss of a loved one and labels it as a condition.
As far as the addiction issue..There is a difference between psychological and physical addiction. I don't subscribe to the disease model!
That's my two cents..:)

Notice how squiggy said it politely and didn't attack doctors in the process. She also compared known paradigms and added that it was an opinion. Makes a whole world of difference....

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way, I heard you cut off feet instead of treating Diabetes? and take out tonsils instead of treating sore throat? Doesn't that make you the bad guys? The fellow said you make more money from that.

O yeah, I amputated four feet yesterday for fasting glucose of 137, all under the age of 40. We call that preventive medicine. I had a mom in my office for a regular check-up, she brought her kids in because she couldn't find a baby sitter. Both of them had a slight cough, CHA-CHING! Took their tonsils out right there. Hooked them up to the ether and just started cutting. Moohaha!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help ! Espresso needed badly! Been up since 3 am on another forum studying MDing, may need psychotherapy!

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for calling me a class act. That was a polite compliment.

Control your emotions or somebody else will.

Crispin
Your welcome, you know what they say about turnabout.

Your post was the one removed, yet your telling me to control my emotions? Proof is in the pudding doc, proof is in the pudding.

Notice how squiggy said it politely and didn't attack doctors in the process. She also compared known paradigms and added that it was an opinion. Makes a whole world of difference....
Yes doc, take notice. See how she didn't personally belittle another member and start making facetious replies that she thought were comical? Did you notice that doc... did ya? Makes a whole world of difference...

Just because something is addictive, overindulgence of that something doesn't make it a disease. I'm not a proponent of the traditional disease model of addiction. Through personal life experiences of my own, as it relates to obesity, drugs, alcohol and nicotine, I tend to lean towards the life process model of addiction. It boils down to individual behavior and personal responsibility, period.

That's my "opinion," doc and here's my paradigm below.

The Truth About Addiction and Recovery - Why It Doesn?t Make Sense To Call Addiction A ?Disease? - Overcome Addiction - Life Process Program

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Your welcome, you know what they say about turnabout.

Your post was the one removed, yet your telling me to control my emotions? Proof is in the pudding doc, proof is in the pudding.

Yes doc, take notice. See how she didn't personally belittle another member and start making facetious replies that she thought were comical? Did you notice that doc... did ya? Makes a whole world of difference...

Just because something is addictive, overindulgence of that something doesn't make it a disease. I'm not a proponent of the traditional disease model of addiction. Through personal life experiences of my own, as it relates to obesity, drugs, alcohol and nicotine, I tend to lean towards the life process model of addiction. It boils down to individual behavior and personal responsibility, period.

That's my "opinion," doc and here's my paradigm below.

The Truth About Addiction and Recovery - Why It Doesn?t Make Sense To Call Addiction A ?Disease? - Overcome Addiction - Life Process Program

Hmmm, my diagnosis, sounds like somebody is still controlling your emotions. What's your address? I need to know where to send the bill for teaching you a lesson. I never had a problem with your opinion. It was your attack on doctors and the APA that warranted the response.

I'll take your opinion for what it is worth....

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my professional opinion, addiction is always a way to self medicate something. Whether this is a conscious or unconscious issue.
At a certain point it is a choice unless it is driven by the unconscious, which eventually it is.
Physical addiction is not a choice, it can be life-threatening depending on the substance ie withdrawal. ..

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might add that pain and trauma are the root of it all..

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never had a problem with your opinion. It was your attack on doctors and the APA that warranted the response.

I'll take your opinion for what it is worth....

"To label caffeine withdrawal a mental health disorder is nothing more than a way for doctors to bill insurance companies for treating this so called "disorder". Shame on you APA
. "

If the above statement by me was considered an "attack," then it is your emotions that are running amok, not mine.
Have a nice day doc, I've got work to do.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

"To label caffeine withdrawal a mental health disorder is nothing more than a way for doctors to bill insurance companies for treating this so called "disorder". Shame on you APA
. "

If the above statement by me was considered an "attack," then it is your emotions that are running amok, not mine.
Have a nice day doc, I've got work to do.

I hope you have a nice day as well. Stay busy...but not too busy.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O yeah, I amputated four feet yesterday for fasting glucose of 137, all under the age of 40. We call that preventive medicine. I had a mom in my office for a regular check-up, she brought her kids in because she couldn't find a baby sitter. Both of them had a slight cough, CHA-CHING! Took their tonsils out right there. Hooked them up to the ether and just started cutting. Moohaha!

I am sorry Crispin. I was just repeating what the guy said when he was running for president, not trying to attack your profession like he did. Look it up for yourself and see who made that statement.

Personally I think that the Medical profession should be paid well for the time and intelligence it takes to acquire a license to practice. I also feel that the new laws will squelch the best, and leave us the mediocre. My opinion as well.

Have a good evening.
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread