Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,
I just wanted to share my PASSION with my fellow Californians. I would like to share some of the treasure stories that I have found. Maybe someone could add or subtract from what I have found. These will be some of the smaller stories ( not like the big ones-Pegleg Mine, Lost Ship etc).
The first story I researched is about a man who boarded a steamer for San Francisco with sacks of gold ore. Story basically states that after the man arrived he left some of the sacks with a local ( too many heavy sacks for him to carry ) merchant. When I read this story, it was here that I yelled B------T. Story went on saying that the owner of the sacks got sick and died. The storekeeper not wanted sacks of rocks at his shop simply threw them away. It wasn't till later that someone came to him asking about the sacks and recovered them. Today I found this article, which was originally published by the San Diego Daily Union on 12/21/1879.
Has anyone ever heard of this?? It has been called many names, the one I have heard the most was the Lost Frenchman Mine..
Looking forward to your replies.
pegleglooker
PLL

Attachments

• goldsacks1.jpg
    goldsacks1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,191
  • goldsacks2.jpg
    goldsacks2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,081
  • goldsacks3.jpg
    goldsacks3.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,067
  • goldsacks4.jpg
    goldsacks4.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,068
OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Riverside and go out to Anza Borrego desert hwne I can. I also am itchin to get out to mohave and the 29 palms area... Where do you live ??

PLL

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Hey Pll , on highway 49 a short distance below Coulterville, lies the ruins of a old gold settlement known as French Mills, located on a flat piece of land beside a creek. Some ruins left consist of rock walls. Some very unique brass nails were found in the ruins. It is rumoured that the Frenchmen who built this old mineing camp bragged about hideing a iron kettle full of nuggets,but he died before he could retrieve his goodies and return to France...If you go to this location,becareful as their are lots of ratlesnakes in this paticular area for some reason.

Another, Their was a old store owned by a Frenchmen located at the forks of the greenhorn and freemen gulches, in Greenhorn Gulch, supposidly lots buried around the store foundations.

I also heard about the lost cabin mine,I will search my materials,and post if I find imfo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions