Calabash does another rather interesting report

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I steer clear of anyone who disables comments on their content.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disabling “comments” is meant to have the material presented...that’s it. It’s not a forum or venue to discuss the results. I don’t disable comments but then again I’m not presenting material that is potentially “arguable”. If someone wants to dispute results,then get out the camera and film. It takes effort to film,edit,upload...it takes NO effort to be a contrarian with a few words and no proof. I SALUTE Calabash’s efforts to at least make us THINK...and become better hunters,whether I agree with him or not.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to watch this video twice because my mind is blown! I personally have never used the AT series so I don't have an opinion but I have watched all of Calabash's videos and he is pretty impartial when it comes to testing. I tend to agree that if it can't pass this simple test its probably going to miss stuff. Is the recovery speed really that slow? If it wasn't Calabash doing the video I would think something was off on the settings...WOW!

Would the AT PRO pass this test?
I know with my $200 dollar F22 when the nail is withing about 4" or the width of the coil it will fail this test. Even at 6-8" it would hit both targets and maybe give you an average VDI reading in all metal but if you were in coin or jewelry mode it would pass.

When I'm hunting in heavy iron my swing isn't usually more than 18-24" and usually 50% or greater overlap with the hope that if I don't catch the target one way I will hit it on the return..(maybe this isn't the best approach?)

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d love for him to have the comments enabled on YouTube, but I’m pretty sure he was harassed by diehard fans of one detector or another

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread