Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow why not it's clearly a lie anybody can see that ..what is the point in lying about how deep something is!!!!

Yes
For it to be clearly a lie, you would have had to be there for the dig. A Youtube creator named Scannerguy 1968 has a 10 year old test garden with a 12" coin in it. A number of detectors he tested found it. If it is a large coin, it could be even deeper. Everything depends on conditions. Soil composition, ground moisture content, surrounding EMI, (even the phone in your pocket). Has the soil/water decomposed the target, (halo effect). Maybe even how strong the magnetic field is in your part of the world or sunspot activity. Metal detectors are effected by many things. What type of battery, how fully charged.
The story of the Emperor's new clothes shows what everyone can clearly see. Back that claim up with some proof. Who says everyone can see it except you?

Hodr

Jun 18, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Eclipse 5.3 Coil
1700s not bad....I like finding William 3 etc always better than nowt...I really dought u find coins 12-15" deep like that's definitely a lie... iv found stuff going back to bronze age on pasture and they were around 14" deep onevwas maybe a little deeper... 2 bronze age axeheads on separate occasions dating back to 2500BC can you imagine how that feels 🤯

The picture is the setup I ran for the last decade or so before recently selling, both my 13 and 15 inch coils were capable of finding coin sized targets as deep as 18 inches with my V3i. I live on a peninsula that has been continually farmed since the early 1600s and I routinely find buttons, buckles, and coins 12-15 inches deep in our fields and parks (most of which used to be farms). It's not unusual for me to find modern coinage (post 2000) 6+ inches deep at schools and parks.

In case you were unaware, soil conditions vary from place to place. When I lived in Arizona I almost never found targets below 3 inches because the ground was so hard even digging that deep with a full sized shovel was a chore. Where I live now in Maryland I can use a garden trowel in most places to dig several feet deep without hitting any rocks or hard soil.

Attachments

• 20220318_183105_2.jpg
    20220318_183105_2.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread