Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
There doesn't seem to be a consistent charge on any of the citations I have heard of so therefore hard to say what the fine will be. A local case is going through the process and was cited for dredging without a permit. It is reported that fine could be 1000 to 1500. Proceed with care. Perhaps a gravity dredge...

OP
OP
jimmygoat

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Thanks for the replies. I've tried the gravity dredging, both plastic ads pipe and aluminum irrigation pipe. Just too many clogs especially in slate. It also really limits where you can set-up. Plus I love my hot water system.:laughing7:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
A hot water system in not in the legal definiton of a suction dredge, so you could use your water system and a hooka for that matter. Good health and good hunting

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A local mine shop told me upward of $2000 for the dredge ticket and then a set amount per cubic foot of water that you muddy.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A local mine shop told me upward of $2000 for the dredge ticket and then a set amount per cubic foot of water that you muddy.

...just sayin....then they better has the ticket writing LEO,taking a sample...immediately with a certified calibrated meter,and the sample being taken in a sterile fashion and properly secured at a controlled temp for export to a certified Lab.......

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...just sayin....then they better has the ticket writing LEO,taking a sample...immediately with a certified calibrated meter,and the sample being taken in a sterile fashion and properly secured at a controlled temp for export to a certified Lab.......

Gosh, I would think. Dang Straight!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JFYI,as well EPA regs list fines for repeat violations causing pollution to water,at per gallon....not sure how you would measure a sq ft. of water?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was probably per gallon, makes more sense.

still, it pretty much leaves the door open to be as cruel as they want to be.
Of course they wont have official levels but the judge will probably side with the Game Warden and take his/her word for it.
The rough estimate would probably the entire width and depth of the creek by the length of the silty water.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was probably per gallon, makes more sense.

still, it pretty much leaves the door open to be as cruel as they want to be.
Of course they wont have official levels but the judge will probably side with the Game Warden and take his/her word for it.
The rough estimate would probably the entire width and depth of the creek by the length of the silty water.

I know what your saying but that would never hold in court.Even in Industrial/construction,the Waterboard will not levy fines unless you blatantly disregard there warnings...of an ongoing issue,and then that issue has be be documented through several channels one of which is lab tested samples taken by strict guidelines

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it is a scare tactic plain and simple.... But I am sure that given the chance they would try and implement it. Look what they did to Hefty with absolutely no regard for the rule of law...... They do it because they think they are untouchable, and that no matter how wrong they are, as long as they have "good intentions", they are exempt. They have appointed themselves the ruling class with no regard to the laws or the constituion they have sworn to protect. .:BangHead:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread