What's new

Call it luck .. but just maybe

Luck51

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 2, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
So I found this 1983 penny in some change after work . I tried search the net and various shops around my town with no luck. It has a ton of visible defects . One that I noticed is it looks pressed with a smaller object maybe bc the cent is somewhat pressed or dented . The tops of the letters are missing as well as the is a strange lip/groove around the edge of the coin . Almost as if it was repressed . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6236.webp
    IMG_6236.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • 01FC7840-CBD5-4E45-812F-361651C6CDE6.webp
    01FC7840-CBD5-4E45-812F-361651C6CDE6.webp
    224.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 3BACE167-0BC5-4560-A9B3-422F87B8CA11.webp
    3BACE167-0BC5-4560-A9B3-422F87B8CA11.webp
    215.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 131B1864-B0B0-4271-BE7F-4C5A7CCBFFB3.webp
    131B1864-B0B0-4271-BE7F-4C5A7CCBFFB3.webp
    223 KB · Views: 76
So I found this 1983 penny in some change after work . I tried search ...
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from HELP! over to COINS for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.
 
That looks like a dryer coin. Meaning it got stuck in a clothes dryer and spun around wearing the coin in all the areas you see.
 
So I found this 1983 penny in some change after work . I tried search the net and various shops around my town with no luck. It has a ton of visible defects . One that I noticed is it looks pressed with a smaller object maybe bc the cent is somewhat pressed or dented . The tops of the letters are missing as well as the is a strange lip/groove around the edge of the coin . Almost as if it was repressed . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks
Good eye, error or not. Welocome to Tnet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom