What's new

Calling all R.R. lock experts!

richm

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a dry creek bed (Little Loyalsock) in central PA. Looks like a R.R. lock but is not made of brass but is iron/steel? After cleaning I found what appears to be N.Y.U.R.R but that doesn't match up to any R.R. acronyms? I'm not sure about the U.R.R. Any help would be appreciated. This one's got me stumped. ??? Rich
 

Attachments

  • 055.webp
    055.webp
    101.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 058.webp
    058.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 060.webp
    060.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 160
could it be N.Y.C.R.R.?

Lock Type: Iron Lever Railroad Lock
Patent Applicant: J. A. Goewey
Patent Date: Feb. 5, 1859
 

Attachments

  • nycrr.webp
    nycrr.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0
Man Creskol, you are good!! Now that I look at it I can see it's definately a "C". The letters are clearer than the pic shows. I wonder how it ended up in central PA.? Marking this one SOLVED!! :headbang: Thanks again...Rich.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom