OP
OP
BlackX

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
Come to think of it, any beach campgrounds that aren't too far would be cool so south shore, etc. would be options too.

OP
OP
BlackX

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
To supplement this further, it wouldn't even have to be beach campsites. ANything that's nearby (whether in the park and allowed or outside the park could be interesting). For instance, the Mohawk Tr. campground is near that one abandoned mine town which could be really neat to explore--but I have no idea if we're allowed to access it.

OP
OP
BlackX

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Thanks.

Do you know if that abandoned mine town is open for searching?

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
BlackX said:
Thanks.

Do you know if that abandoned mine town is open for searching?

I don't know, but there are some Mass folks that might. One person has a user name Berkshire? or Kiddrock33 may know.
Good luck in your adventures, let us know what you do.

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
what mine town? i live in berkshire county. most campgrounds open after memorial day. state parks are the only camping in berkshire county far from beaches but many trees. hard to dig with roots. kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
im not sure where that davis mine is. but i did work on two bridges in chalamont. one on money brook. just a few hundred yards upsteam of the bridge were posted signs . saying no panning allowed. gold was successfully panned from that brook. kiddrock33

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread