What's new

Can Anyone ID This Boone County Mo. Point?

undertaker

Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2006
Messages
562
Reaction score
337
Golden Thread
0
Location
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Picked up this nice point the other day. Being from the northeast I'm not familiar with this type at all. Went to my books and saw where it might be a table rock point. Not sure what it is made of but point is well made and very thin.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1728.webp
    IMG_1728.webp
    60 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1715.webp
    IMG_1715.webp
    331.5 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0
I would look at Bottleneck style, just a shot. It's a nice point:thumbsup:
 
I'm not sure on that one. I don't see anything in the Missouri data base that resembles that base type. It doesn't look anything like a Tablerock or a Bottleneck Point. Maybe some Missouri guys will see this and have some ideas.
 
Was told by a collector that it is made from Burlington chert.
 
No offense and I could be way off but in the 2nd pic it looks a bit fresh.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom