What's new

✅ SOLVED Can Anyone ID This Old Padlock

Natman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
2,495
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hazelwood, MO
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello again, Looking for an approximate age and maybe manufacturer of this one, found in a yard. Approx. 2 1/4" tall and 1 1/2"wide. House was built in the late 1830s. Any help appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 38292710_1881561761910026_4770334469594808320_n.webp
    38292710_1881561761910026_4770334469594808320_n.webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 181
Be nice to see the other side. It is probably a six lever double bitted padlock from around 1850.
 
Upvote 0
Be nice to see the other side. It is probably a six lever double bitted padlock from around 1850.
Thanks, both sides are identical. No writing on it that I can see.
 
Upvote 0
There is a patent date on the shackle. I found one like several years ago. Search padlock and you will find several like it on the forum.
 
Upvote 0
Agreed....on shackle should be a tiny diamond shaped logo with...SB&Co. patt. 189*. Can't remember.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for posting the info...I've found 2 of them myself..wondering how old they were...
 
Upvote 0
Nice find. I like old locks. Congrats on the save.
 
Upvote 0
thanks guys
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom