What's new

Can anyone Identify this item

jh.design

Greenie
Joined
Mar 5, 2016
Messages
11
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brighton
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from England

I am new here and would like opinions or comments of what I think is an old ring I discovered digging in my Garden.








IMG_2681.webpIMG_2682.webp
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum. Hard to tell the size of the find. Congrats though
 
Thanks, It is 2.5cm in diameter and fits nicely on my little finger, It weighs 9 grams.
 
If it's not magnetic, I'd say it's a very old ring.
 
It is magnetic, Had not thought of checking that.
 
I seriously doubt it's a ring. Looks like it's made of steel. My opinion is that it is probably from the handle of something like a garden trowel
 
Yeah you are probably right! Kinda hope not though!
 
Yeah, looks industrial.
 
That's what I was thinking. Just a plain ferrule.
 
Thanks all for your opinions! Workings as a landscape gardener in southern England I churn up lots of random things most weeks, in particular lots of old clay smoking pipes and codd bottles. Nice to have somewhere to share these finds and get opinions on them!
 
Looks like a sleeve of some sort.
 
Keep on digging and welcome to TN. I think it would be so much fun to dig up clay pipes and Codd bottles,they are so neat with the glass marbles in them and the different embossing.
 
Marbles?,in codd bottle's?,emborissing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????
 
Marbles?,in codd bottle's?,emborissing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????

The Codd bottles I have were bought in England and have embossing on them.
 
Welcome.

I agree with others, a steel fixing.
 
Excuse the multiple pics been tasting the local ales
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom