• 20130602_151954.jpg
    20130602_151954.jpg
    849.5 KB · Views: 237

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a variation on a St. Catherine Labouré medal. Just not of the Mary approved design engraved by Adrien-Jean-Maximilien Vachette. They've been spitting these things out around Paris since the 1840's.

laboure-catherine_1.jpg

Upvote 0

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a variation on a St. Catherine Labouré medal. Just not of the Mary approved design engraved by Adrien-Jean-Maximilien Vachette. They've been spitting these things out around Paris since the 1840's.

View attachment 1092498

I found a variety of one of these 2 days ago. Thanks for the post and ID!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

coolcdn

Dec 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Charles. Please look closer. This is hand made. Been in the ground since the 1820's. Bronze and gold. I have been searching for years. have never seen another. I am aware of all theses other medals. The Portuguese cant be matched anywhere. The dialect has not been used since mid 1400`s. This is real treasure bro. This is the first time I have asked for help. I know all the answers the net has to offer. Its not here.. just take another look, But closely this time. Thanks for your interest.

Rick

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

coolcdn

Dec 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same reply as Charles. Word for word. different font. But same. Anyone serious here

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes. Possibly hand made. So? Someone wanted to do a devotional project perhaps?

Portuguese can't be matched - missing one of the 12 stars - So maybe it wasn't a very good handmade copy? No law against counterfeiting a miraculous medal. Or someone wanted to bury clues as to where the aliens hid the Ark of the Covenant and hid this under a boulder? The simplest solution is usually the bast (Occam's Razor).

What incentive does anyone here have to be more "serious". If you think it is treasure it's up to you to put the research work in and prove it. If you are happy with it that makes it "treasured" by you. Does not mean it matters a whit to anyone else here. Typically arrogance does not incentivize any more effort from the folks here willing to try and help do your job for you.

Post it in Finds if you want compliments. This is "What is it" and folks will tell you what they believe it to be. You don't have to take our word for it.

Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You don't say where you found it(state, area etc.). I think I know what it is and if correct, yes, you have a treasure...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread