What's new

Can anyone share any knowledge on this artifact? Found in Southeast Missouri

XceeD

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 25, 2015
Messages
8
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indian3 (1 of 1).webp
Indian4 (1 of 1).webp
Indian5 (1 of 1).webp
Indian87 (1 of 1).webp
Indian88 (1 of 1).webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a full grooved ax, they say those are older.
 
Awesome. How old are we talking?
 
Awesome. How old are we talking?

I'm not sure, just have always heard they are the oldest form.

Oh yeah, WELCOME to the forum!!!

It would help if you would put your location/state in your profile.
 
I'm not sure, just have always heard they are the oldest form.

Oh yeah, WELCOME to the forum!!!

It would help if you would put your location/state in your profile.

Thank you! I'll work on editing my profile.
 
COOL find! the groves are super, very unmistakeable its an stone axe head!! as to age????
 
COOL find! the groves are super, very unmistakeable its an stone axe head!! as to age????

Thanks. I'll have to keep doing research to get a better estimate on age.
 
Nice ax. !!!!!
 
Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your find.
 
Hey XceeD! Welcome- and a great axe you got there. Ever found anything else?? Thanks for the show- Yakker
 
Hey XceeD! Welcome- and a great axe you got there. Ever found anything else?? Thanks for the show- Yakker

Thank you. I have found a few more artifacts and some coins. I may post them sometime. :)
 
Does anyone know the value of a piece like this? I'm not looking to sell, it would just be nice to know.
 
Prices on Axes vary greatly. I really nice high polished one, especially the Iowa Square types will bring big money and some as much as in the thousands I would say. I have seen decent Axes go for $25 to $40 dollars at auctions. One like yours would more than likely be in that range.
 
Prices on Axes vary greatly. I really nice high polished one, especially the Iowa Square types will bring big money and some as much as in the thousands I would say. I have seen decent Axes go for $25 to $40 dollars at auctions. One like yours would more than likely be in that range.

I agree, I have attended many artifact auctions when I lived in Missouri, that would be the range for field finds.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....
 
Prices on Axes vary greatly. I really nice high polished one, especially the Iowa Square types will bring big money and some as much as in the thousands I would say. I have seen decent Axes go for $25 to $40 dollars at auctions. One like yours would more than likely be in that range.

It's such a weird market. And more reason why I'm not interested in selling. The pieces mean way more to me than I would usually get out of them. Thank you for the help.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom