Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 575

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Very nice. My only one was a 1918 MO license made of aluminum and in verrrry bad shape, the stuff bubbles like it was in a fire after it's been in the ground a while. You got a nice one.

Upvote 0

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
As Romeo points out, it is a chauffeur licence, but after some debate with fellow token collectors, that is a bit of a misleading term. We usually think of a chauffeur as the guy who drives the Rolls Royce with the dowager in the back, but the license probably applied to anyone who drove for hire. That would include taxi drivers, bus drivers, etc. The reason this debate came up is that the serial numbers on these badges range way too high for the number of Rolls Royces or wealthy dowagers in a state. Many, if not most states still require a special class of drivers license for drivers like this, and that special class of licensing is now just noted on a paper/plastic drivers license card. But when this license was issued, it was made in the form of a badge. Nice find!
John in ID

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Lists for $32 (with original pin intact) in the most recent edition of Connors' Price Guide to American & Canadian Chauffeur Badges. Exact number issued unavailable; highest badge number reported, 11916.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Fleeker

Jan 28, 2007
Hohenwald, Tn.
Detector(s) used
ATPro, GTI 1500, Ace 250 and a ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes wesfrye53. I found it in my hometown of Hohenwald, Tn. beside the sidewalk of an old schoolteacher here in town. I was using my GTI1500. It was 7 inches deep. Although it showed as "C" size (I mostly dig"B" size), I dug it anyway because there wasn't much trash in her yard and I was finding several wheaties! The only bad thing is, I showed it to the little olde 92 year old school teacher and she wanted to keep it :-[ At least she let me keep the 6 wheaties, two mercury dimes and the buffalo nickel I found ;D

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fleeker said:
Yes wesfrye53. I found it in my hometown of Hohenwald, Tn. beside the sidewalk of an old schoolteacher here in town. I was using my GTI1500. It was 7 inches deep. Although it showed as "C" size (I mostly dig"B" size), I dug it anyway because there wasn't much trash in her yard and I was finding several wheaties! The only bad thing is, I showed it to the little olde 92 year old school teacher and she wanted to keep it :-[ At least she let me keep the 6 wheaties, two mercury dimes and the buffalo nickel I found ;D

She maybe 92 but she conned you. :D

Clever lady, take a look at her ebay account.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions