Can anyone tell me if this is a piece of Flint?

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, digging out a remnant of someone being there- and really all I've found so far is this- and a piece of ash/coal/burnt something extremely light.
Can anyone tell me if this is a piece of flint? Thanks.
IMG_9832.jpeg
IMG_9849.jpeg

Upvote 1

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DUDE noooooo say it aint soooo! If it IS poop, its someone whos fire pit was 2' below the walking surface where I've found 2 arrowheads, regular and clay marbles ,and ONE quartz carved perfect circle marble. Hmmm. I'll put it in a small box somewhere, once I can get a better idea of who owned that fire pit- I am listing it on ebay HAHAHAHHHA
Better make that an airtight container!

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just have to market it properly give it a cool name, say it's some great sh**, "Majestic Campfire"

We ate all our meals and hot drinks once on a trek that were cooked over dried camel dung. :dontknow:

These were made for sale Yippie-eye-Cow Patti View attachment 2095904
WTH- people need new hobbies.

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here it - I was going to cut it in half lol but this is another angle- its actually impossible for me to cut it in half tbh- it looks more like charcoal here than it did in the first turd photo shoot HHAHA still so gross- and a new lesson learned- I never expected metal detecting to EVER bring me to someones old outhouse..... and now I know- get some good working digging gloves and dont touch your face SO GROSS>
IMG_9864.jpeg

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pioneers going across the Great Plains depended heavily on buffalo chips.
OK do NOT ruin buffalo sauce in my mind haha its bad enough I had this on my table and even when I sit to eat, knowing its really not a turd now- its a seed in my brain and I lose my appetite :(

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
It’ll be ok. A lot of treasure hunters want to find the old outhouse pit. There’s usually a lot of household items, coins, etc down there.

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’ll be ok. A lot of treasure hunters want to find the old outhouse pit. There’s usually a lot of household items, coins, etc down there.
oh boy- I never knew that- I just posted a thread of what looks like a tooth lol though nothing else has come of the section I found it- so hopefully all is decintrigrated by now.

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you found an old dentist office with a privy! 😀
omg lol I LOATHE dental things and teeth! I'll take weird oddities otherwise- coins and turd charcoal but- NO DENTAL STUFF puke !

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I solved the mystery:
View attachment 2096936
I am sooo tired today, I looked at this and said WOW that looks very similar to the one I have LMAO- after about a minute- I THEN realized you lightened it and added ghosts :sleepy2: DEFINITELY not on my game today

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
here it - I was going to cut it in half lol but this is another angle- its actually impossible for me to cut it in half tbh- it looks more like charcoal here than it did in the first turd photo shoot HHAHA still so gross- and a new lesson learned- I never expected metal detecting to EVER bring me to someones old outhouse..... and now I know- get some good working digging gloves and dont touch your face SO GROSS> View attachment 2096069
here it - I was going to cut it in half lol but this is another angle- its actually impossible for me to cut it in half tbh- it looks more like charcoal here than it did in the first turd photo shoot HHAHA still so gross- and a new lesson learned- I never expected metal detecting to EVER bring me to someones old outhouse..... and now I know- get some good working digging gloves and dont touch your face SO GROSS> View attachment 2096069
lol if it is an old privy your in luck!! Bottles, all kind of relics. Ya gotta down there lol!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread