What's new

Can anyone tell me something about dollar coins....

alpha105

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
853
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a bunch of eisenhowers.....no S mintmark means no silver right?
 
Upvote 0
Keep 1973 if you find any.

Good Luck
Cat
 
Where do you guys get Eisenhower dollars in quantity? Do banks order those in for you? Are there such things as gigantic paper rolls to roll those suckers in? Always wondered...
 
Yes they can order them for you. No one has the wrappers any more you are lucky if you can find them and the banks don't want them back unless they are wraped. So you get $1000 at a time and spend them here and there.

HH
Cat
 
Cat J said:
Yes they can order them for you. No one has the wrappers any more you are lucky if you can find them and the banks don't want them back unless they are wraped. So you get $1000 at a time and spend them here and there.

HH
Cat

But unlike Cat and a few who do order them, it's not that easy. Most of us have not been able to get our Banks to do it for us. They pretty much refuse to by giving you a thousand reasons why. Or simply deny your request.

I do however always ask for them when cold calling and just last week found about a dozen at a handfull of banks and got a load at a C.U. ($420) that someone turned in.

Just be sure to ask for the BIG DOLLAR coins, "NOT SILVER DOLLARS" cause you don't want them to know what your really looking for. Allthough many tellers refer to Ike's as silver dollars. Which they are not .....usually

Mojo
 
Just came across $150 worth, 7 paper rolled w/$20 per roll plus loose. Teller asked if I was interested, i said yea. I cherry picked the ones I wanted, (no silver), and took the remainder to my CU, where a teller there was VERY interested in them and called her friend.

AMC
 
Cat J said:
Keep 1973 if you find any.

Good Luck
Cat
Okay, what's so special about the 1973's?
 
Okay, what's so special about the 1973's?

Worth a few dollars because they are harder to find. These were not released for normal circulation but sold in mint sets. Those that were not issued into mint (Philly and Denver) sets were destroyed by the mint.
 
I have only found three 1973 coins out of 4,000. So they are not easy to get.

HH
Cat
 
I've gone through $3700 worth of Ikes. $3000 of it was in $1000 bags. From those I got a 1974s (40%), 1973s (clad) and a 1922s peace dollar. I have gotten a 1883 and a 1922 from tellers.

I sold $2690 of them in mixed lots of 25, 50 and 100. I made $800 profit.

My bank will order me $1000 bags. They will also supply the large $1 wrappers. I love my bank.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 

Attachments

  • Ikes Lot 25.webp
    Ikes Lot 25.webp
    65.7 KB · Views: 238

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom