What's new

Can anyone tell me what this is? Not the best pictures unfortunately but it looks like gold chunks all through all of the rocks some more than other.

Courtneyy

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 2, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
1000015017.webp
1000015019.webp
1000015021.webp
 
The square shape of the crystals makes me think of pyrite. There's no visible gold in that picture.
Not saying there isn't more, but I doubt there's much value in it. My favorite experiment I would use to find out if there is more, is to crush it down to a powder and use a gold pan.
 
I'm in agreement that you're seeing pyrite -- fools gold. Hammer something like a nail punch into one of those yellow chunks. What's there will crumble if it's pyrite.
 
First off, that is a very cool looking rock.... :occasion14:

I would agree with it being pyrite, and I would definitely add that specimen
to my collection.
respect-062.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom