Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
RealdeTayopa said:
Now that I have finished off the worms in the garden, the crows have flown away for another day. Sniff, how could you?

Da--It Digemup, it is for compacting Buffalo chips for shipment, we all are mistaken..

Dig did you do the complete drawing? If so, yer magnificent. OTHER WISE----!

chagy, "callate la boca"! snicker, hijo de Morgan.

Angelo, hmmm traitor (even if right)

Booby doo, et tu?

Danger sheehs

Pbk, I'll remember this when I am rich.

Gollum you are on top of my list now, need more pins heheheh

SWR, you showed excellent impartiality, non-condemnation, and willingness to change or listen, I liked that.

Now I know how poor Julius Cesar felt "ET TU"? ---even if you were right.

EL "X" Saint Tropical Tramp

p.s. Doc, and the other faithful ones, sorry that I led you down the primrose path, sigh.

Don Jose,

You are a gentelman, and a good man......I respect you alot, so please if you have to tell me; "callate la boca" Haslo en privado...Yo nunca te mandaria a callar la boca frente a todo el mundo. Yes..... hijo de Morgan... por ti.........with all due respect...para eso son los amigos, para hablar y confiar.....

Best,

Chagy......P.S. Thank you for your comments; PBK, Angelo, Boodydoo, BiggyC., Gollum and Diggemall....Thank you!!!!!!

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
diving doc said:
no cigar, have a vinegarette instead.

Vinaigrette? Nah...

Go ahead and have a cigar on me, Don Jose!

In fact, try this "Rogers." It's one of those Dutch-Danish-Portuguese shooter cheroots.

Heck, I can buy all you want for a Philip V Lima mint "Pillars & Waves" 2 maravedis copper apiece.

Upvote 0

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Doc,

The thing doesn't ratchet in the sense of a 3/8 drive socket set ratchet, but rather "ratchets" its way along the chain by applying tension with one 'dog', then engaging the other ahead of the first, applying tension with the second thereby relieving tension on the first allowing it, in turn, to move ahead of the second, etc. etc. etc.

I'm afraid we're going to have to leave you out of our little What Is It success party.

Diggem'

Attachments

• jd_bottle.gif
    jd_bottle.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I will still have a cigar... I brough 12 Cuban Monte Cristo Torpedo #2 from my last trip to Jamaica......still fresh...... ;D ;D ;D

Best,

The Chagyman........

Attachments

• Jack_potc2_11.jpg
    Jack_potc2_11.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
diving doc said:
Heck, can't even spell it! Don't buy no counterfit cheroots! Make sure you know exactly where they come from ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Who can't spell what?

If you're referring to my spelling of vinaigrette, try looking it up on that popular "cut & paste" info resource, Wikipedia.

While you're there, look up the second e in counterfeit, too.

Upvote 0

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
diving doc said:
Doc

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/home/projects/story.asp?ID=80908

He reaches for a green wooden pole about 5-feet long. Attached to the center of the pole is what looks like a giant pair of tweezers. He calls them tongs.

"Now this is a two-man railroad tie carry," said Way. "See, one man gets on each end and then they use the tongs to pick up the railroad tie. If you had two of these tools you could have four men moving one tie. Two men on each end, lifting."

Way's expression becomes animated when he talks about the railroad tools. This is his true love.

"If you are looking for old railroad tools where do you think you look? You go straight to the farmers," he said. "In the old days, the railroad workers who took care of the track just left their tools beside it come quitting time.

"The next morning they'd go to the tool shed and get some more tools to start their day, and the farmers would have all come out of their houses the evening before and picked up the tools along the track."

All Way's tools have been meticulously cleaned. He removes the years of rust from the implement before displaying it in his shop. But, Way admits, this is only his preference.

"Half of the people want their old tools left natural, and the other half want them clean," he said. "I had a partner years ago who brought tools in just as he found them – rusty, dirt and weeds sticking out everywhere – and he sold just as many things as I did."

He reminds antique tool collectors to "keep in mind that the fun is in the hunt," he said. "For me, I just love old things – things I remember as a kid."

Have some more fun, glad I'm you think I'm enough of an adversary to keep score. Too bad I haven't got the time to go back over your score cards ;D
Real sorry there's only one qualified design engineer to keep me company here.

Yes Jose, all the old time railroad pix were to poor quality to play with but I'll bet Mike could do it.
Regards all,
Doc

Back to work

<<<<<<<----------- Better be the "qualified design engineer" or my 20 years as a custom machine designer was for nought

Diggem'

Upvote 0

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Why are we trying to convince one man....he should be the one trying to convince us......With all due respect Mr.Doc why don't you prove us wrong....not just by writing your theory but with matching pictures like we did.......

You are entering the danger zone!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• con4_anm.gif
    con4_anm.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
diving doc said:
First prize a Jerusalem Cross ;D[/b][/color][/size]Doc

Ah, yes... but which one? There are two types, you know— one with a Cross Potent as the main cross; the other with a Greek Cross as the main cross. The second is also known as the Crusader's Cross. It's the one with arms that have straight/plain ends (rather than "T" ends as on the Cross Potent). The one about which you said:

"I can't find any with plain ends and four little crosses."
and​

"Nowhere could I find a Cross Potent identified as having plain ends which was one of the examples that PBK gave and his explanation that it could be either one and still be called a Jerusalem cross."

Well, of course you couldn't, because that's not what a Cross Potent is. At any rate, you're in luck. Below is an illustration of just such a Jerusalem Cross, and here's some text explaining it quite clearly. If it seems familiar after all, that's probably because it's on the very same page where you got one of the other illustrations that you posted in the "Five Crosses Necklace from Jerusalem" thread: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross

"Crusaders' cross
Also known as the Jerusalem cross. This cross was the symbol of the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem, which existed for almost two hundred years after the First Crusade. The four smaller crosses are said to symbolize either the four books of the Gospel or the four directions in which the Word of Christ spread from Jerusalem. Alternately, all five crosses can symbolize the five wounds of Christ during the Passion. This symbol is also used in the flag of Georgia."

But we appear to be talking at cross purposes.

Post on. Solitude has it solaces, and I wish you their every pleasure.

Attachments

• Crusaders.gif
    Crusaders.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OK!!!.....Then prove us wrong.......Don't just write what you think...show us with pics....like we did.....

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
and I still say...

where's Stever??? (the thread started)

Maybe he has more info that could add to this "discussion".
Like... where did he get it? Is there any maker marks? Blah, Blah.

Bet he will be surprized how far it has gone.

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc,

I love you brother, but you are biting the big one here! We have shown many things that have EXACTLY the same working mechanisms. We have provided pictures of modern versions of the same tool!

Let's review the sum total of Doc's contributions to this "What is it?"

index.php2.gif

THAT'S IT! Doc, if that is all you can contribute to prove your point, you've got jack! ;D ;D

You yourself said that the ebay description was not a place to bet the house on. I have provided you with a website that sells EVERY form of RR Tool. This is not there. I have included pictures of a RR Museum with the tools on the wall! This, again, was not there. My pics have shown both one and two man timber tongs. This is not one of them.

Doc, you have ZERO PROOF to back up any of your assertions. You are forced to make unsubstantiated assumptions (broken handle) to prove your point. You lost this round!

I'm done with this now. You can argue with yourself!

TTFN (TaTaForNow)

Mike

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chagy said:
Why are we trying to convince one man....he should be the one trying to convince us......With all due respect Mr.Doc why don't you prove us wrong....not just by writing your theory but with matching pictures like we did.......

You are entering the danger zone!!!!!!!!
Chagy...Chagy....Chagy :D 8) :D

Attachments

• Gorrila_counter.gif
    Gorrila_counter.gif
    39.4 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=Chagy ]

= = = = Chagy, Shut up! "snicker", son of Morgan (the pirate)

Since you answered me in the lead and in English, I shall respond the same way. Many will not understand if I answer you in a PM,
There will always be unanswered questions..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don Jose,
You are a gentelman, and a good man......I respect you alot, so please if you have to tell me; "callate la boca" Haslo en privado...Yo nunca te mandaria a callar la boca frente a todo el mundo. Yes..... hijo de Morgan... por ti.........with all due respect...para eso son los amigos, para hablar y confiar.....

First, the terminology and context used are definitely NOT derogatory, on the contrary it was used as an expression between close friends, which I assume that we are, no? All of the remarks in that post's "list" were made in a friendly kidding manner.

You once mentioned that the same expression is used in different ways in the Spanish speaking counties, so YOU should know that in Mexican Spanish it is not derogatory "in the context that it was presented".

As near an example that I can present is to laughingly call a close friend "You SOB, hehhe", a jokingly familiar, friendly way which we have all used at one time or another. The "snicker " remark should have classified it as such.

For someone that you did not like, you said "You SOB!".

Both wordings are exactly the same, but with completely different meanings and context.

Final thing, I ask you to show me where I have ever insulted anyone deliberately since I have been in the TN site. This is to clarify it for the powers that be with itchy "delete / Ban" fingers..

Franky, I was having a lot of fun with the thingie, it really did not matter what it was, if I was right or wrong, it was the give and take that was important to me.

I, more than anyone, including my wife , know very well how extremely limited my actual knowledge is.

Smooch and make up Chagy?

Regaining my shiny SAINT status - El Tropical Tramp

Upvote 0

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well I guess is as much fun to the one who ends it as to the one who thinks he dosent let it end.....its all yours....enjoy....have fun by your self....we are done....with this one..........

Best,

Chagy.......

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
"Letting Go For A Minute"

Squeezing in one pure thought
between the unconscious ones,
juices smartly drip down
draining into the soul.
A pool of emotion gathers
glimmering in reflection.

Still the surface, like glass
appears hard, unbreakable,
just a ripple of hope
may be all that is needed.
Staring down, a contorted view
mirrors the self image.

Exhaling seems to take forever
never catching up, just breathe,
breathless, running father away
circling around to the start.
The beginning feels never ending
lost in an air of confusion.

Hold it inside ignorant
for survival's thriving sake,
another minute of life
alive within this skin.
Many more will come
before finally letting go.

BDoo
2oo5

Upvote 0

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
RealdeTayopa said:
=Chagy ]

= = = = Chagy, Shut up! "snicker", son of Morgan (the pirate)

Since you answered me in the lead and in English, I shall respond the same way. Many will not understand if I answer you in a PM,
There will always be unanswered questions..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don Jose,

First, the terminology and context used are definitely NOT derogatory, on the contrary it was used as an expression between close friends, which I assume that we are, no? All of the remarks in that post's "list" were made in a friendly kidding manner.

You once mentioned that the same expression is used in different ways in the Spanish speaking counties, so YOU should know that in Mexican Spanish it is not derogatory "in the context that it was presented".

As near an example that I can present is to laughingly call a close friend "You SOB, hehhe", a jokingly familiar, friendly way which we have all used at one time or another. The "snicker " remark should have classified it as such.

For someone that you did not like, you said "You SOB!".

Both wordings are exactly the same, but with completely different meanings and context.

Final thing, I ask you to show me where I have ever insulted anyone deliberately since I have been in the TN site. This is to clarify it for the powers that be with itchy "delete / Ban" fingers..

Franky, I was having a lot of fun with the thingie, it really did not matter what it was, if I was right or wrong, it was the give and take that was important to me.

I, more than anyone, including my wife , know very well how extremely limited my actual knowledge is.

Smooch and make up Chagy?

Regaining my shiny SAINT status - El Tropical Tramp

Compadre,
We dont need to smooch and make up...nothing has happened between us.......just to make it clear...callate la boca...means....shut up...and not even my FATHER has told me to shut up in public........you are still a saint in my book......no worrys....I still love ya!!!!!! in a friendly way..... just in case anyone was getting the wrong idea...lol

Best,

Chagy.........

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=SWR ]
I am still in doubts that the tool’s purpose was to stretch wire fencing. The six-foot long handle implies that large portions of leverage were required to accomplish the task at hand.

I am in complete agreement SWR, I have thought so from the first. The limiting factor was the relatively light construction of the metal portion of the original unit. Besides a 6' pole is extremely awkward for a one man operation, since, unless the tongs/dogs were spring loaded, it would require one hand to move and engage them in sequence.

In the interests of sanity, since it apparently cannot be proven one way or the other, I was willing to let it drop. The basic proofs so far shown, if submitted to a court of law, would result in a 99% conviction, with a possible hung jury by one or two.

What has not been mentioned so far, is a possible modification of the original for another use. I have been guilty of doing this myself.

Shiny Holo SAINT, Tropical Tramp

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread