Can anyone tell me where to buy whites online beside kellyco or whites website?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just bought one from a guy on here. his name here is williamsingr you can message him on his profile or email him at williaming<[email protected]
He's in michigan

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or you can keep the money in your backyard and go to a local dealer. Hell, the owner may even buy products/services from where you work or your business with some of that money.
Just a thought!

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
true, i checked locally and they wanted full manufacturer retail price and wouldn't budge. the guy in michigan gave me a lower price plus extras and an extra year warranty

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Or you can keep the money in your backyard and go to a local dealer. Hell, the owner may even buy products/services from where you work or your business with some of that money.
Just a thought!
I agree......and you may get just as good, or even a better, deal from your local dealer. I like dealing with my local guy. He needs the money, so he takes really good care of his customers.
Jim

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We dealers can not sell online. Only Kellyco has permission to sell on line.( and Whites). Its in our dealership agreement. So good luck with the guy in Michigan- its where I am too.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm all about buying from my local dealer, but I'm also all about saving a few bucks in the process. I'm looking at buying the MXTPro, but I'm not paying $850 for it. If the local guy can work a deal for me that competes with a deal I can get elsewhere then he has my business. I love white's machines, but they are a tad overpriced already, let alone paying full retail. Just my 2cents

HH
PTP

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the way I look at it.

I'd rather pay $850 to my local guy and create are good relationship and tap his knowledge than pay $700 to Joesblowsdetectors.com 15 states away. Joe isn't going to take ANY of that money I sent him and buy anything from where I work. Or stumble into the clothing store where my daughter works and buy something or...
And if that extra 150 bucks is gunna put me in the poor house, then maybe I shouldn't be spending that 700 on a detector in the first place.
My .02¢

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. If I had more of a local dealer for my Whites, Id be at he or shes door. But I just order my stuff directly from Sweet Home. SUPER nice people to deal with and always have bent over backwards when needed.

Buy for less elsewhere and you just might get what you pay for....A PAIN !

Just my .02 worth too.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm all about buying from my local dealer, but I'm also all about saving a few bucks in the process. I'm looking at buying the MXTPro, but I'm not paying $850 for it. If the local guy can work a deal for me that competes with a deal I can get elsewhere then he has my business. I love white's machines, but they are a tad overpriced already, let alone paying full retail. Just my 2cents

hears my two cents
take your mxt pro and a bounty hunter 505 and an ace 3 fiddy out for a day and you tell me witch one found the most and the deepest and indeed them correctly.

that's why there priced the way they are.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any local dealer who is not willing to budge off of full retail might not deserve the loyalty of local customers. I'm not saying that local dealers should be expected to match online prices, but there are a multitude of different ways a dealer can make a deal more attractive to his customers. My local dealer gave me a quote on a MXT Pro and it was a nice discount. In Indiana, the sales tax is 7%...on a higher end machine that could run you around $60-70. I would be willing to pay that for a solid relationship with a local dealer.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My "local dealer" was a hobby store that was more interested in radio controlled cars than in the metal detectors he had in boxes on the top shelf. He (the store manager) talked to me like I had no idea which end of the detector pointed toward the dirt, even though I had already mentioned I owned several detectors. When he informed me that the DFX had more power than the XLT, I decided to take my business elsewhere.
If I use the dealer locator on the White's website, it does list a few within two or three hours drive, but invariably they are guys selling part time out of their home and carry no inventory. In other words, I tell them what I want, they order it from White's, and I pay them a marked up price. For some reason, I'm not real jazzed about that.
White's in Sweet Home may not be my "local dealer", but whenever I have called them needing a switch, knobs, screws, or lenses, they have always taken very good care of me. They have given me enough free parts over the years to more than make up for any shipping delays.
Bottom line is, I am very much brand loyal to White's. I don't care if they are the deepest, shiniest, fanciest, whiz-bang detectors or not. I know that as a business and as people, they have always treated me right, and one way or another, I'm getting my detectors from them. If somebody wants to open a dealership near me and offer some kind of "value added" item or service, then they'll certainly get first shot at separating me from my money, but they're going to have to go a pretty long ways to top the bar set by the folks in Sweet Home.
By the way, I was on the phone for a while with Nettie at the White's Distribution Center in Pennsylvania. She is a terrific person to deal with, and as soon as I have the money together I'm buying my next V3i with wireless headphones from her.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ditto the hobby store. that's why I used the guy on here from Michigan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread