What's new

Can Someone ID This Button I Found At The Beach

MilitariaCollector

Full Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
I found this button at the beach yesterday. It is 5/8" in diameter and appears to be made of copper with a brass shank. There are no visible markings on it. Can anyone tell me how old this button is? It was found in NJ.
 

Attachments

  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    199 KB · Views: 381
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    113.4 KB · Views: 378
Looks like a early to mid 1800's flat-Coin style button.With out a backmark is is really hard
to date a button like that.I don't see any design on the front of the button.But I really like finding
buttons, anykind.Congrats.

fortbball9
 
fortbball9 said:
Looks like a early to mid 1800's flat-Coin style button.With out a backmark is is really hard
to date a button like that.I don't see any design on the front of the button.But I really like finding
buttons, anykind.Congrats.

fortbball9

I agree it's a plain faced flat button... early 1800s.
 
Nice button.

I saved the photos and pulled them up in my photo program. To me...looks like there may have been a design on it...but that's just my opinion. Nice button!!! :icon_thumright:
AM
 

Attachments

  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    78.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 312
Hi This is called a Tombac button It is made from a brittle type of copper and dates from the 1770's to about 1800
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom