What's new

Can someone point me to buckle ID info?

bronco

Full Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
49
Golden Thread
0
I am trying to get an approx. age for a simple buckle I found today. I am wondering if it could be colonial era. Looking for some online info about buckle ID with pictures. Will post pic soon.

Thanks!
 
I can see from Muddyhadz buckle collection that it is a "utility buckle"

Can they be roughly dated by style?
 
buckles.jpg


http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ntification&start=20&gbv=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N

My buckle looked very similar the second column bottom row buckle.

I think it could be another sign of a colonial era site! Looks like buckles are very hard to date. I see from your information that they were in use for centuries before and after colonial times without much change in design.

Thanks for the info Montana Jim,
The buckle I found today was a in the same area as the "swagger stick" end and axe head. I'm still trying to connect the dots.

Will post pic
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom