Can this be an ancient surgical instrument?

sibdon

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! Can this be ancient surgical instrument? It is found in the south of Ukraine. The tine brokan. The bent part from the side of the blade with the identical crooks suggests him socketed orientation. The material is a silver nugget. 20171024_184249.jpg20171024_195209.jpg20171024_184924.jpg20171024_184434.jpg

Whatever that is, it looks interesting, especially if silver.

Upvote 0
It looks silver, but I don't think that be a good cutting tool. Maybe it was used to stab vampires in the heart?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the answer. I can`t understand whet this item of precious metal in ancient times used. I didn`t find any analogues. Maybe there are options?

Upvote 0
Almost makes me think of a P38 or P51 can opener part. :dontknow:

Upvote 0
It may be natural and not worked by man.

Silver occurs naturally in some pretty complicated shapes.

What made you jump to "surgical instrument"?

eur15.jpg

a365b400dcb48693738691c7be1f7b9f.jpg

Upvote 0
I checked before asking. I had another question.

Upvote 0
It looks much like a shell fragment to me. Has the area seen fightinh in WWI or WWII?

Should be rusty by now. If the silver colour was right out of ground and not achieved via polishing, I would not discard it, maybe it is really something from silver.

Greets namxat

Upvote 0
1.Surgical instrument? Socketed orientation,silver has disinfecting properties. 2.Silver-Ag repeat,verified,there are impurities Au, Fe, Cu and others. 3.Razor? Razor - maybe. Confuses me, that at first they made razors of copper, then bronze, then steel. I have silver.

Upvote 0
I dont know what youre calling "socketed orientation". silver has disinfecting properties but is far too soft for a cutting edge. I see absolutely nothing about your item that says medical, industrial, or anything else. If its silver, then good for you.

Upvote 0
Maybe a hot fire caused something silver to melt and run down into a crevice or gap in stone floor, or?? Interesting piece.

Upvote 0
This is maybe not surgical instrument. I had in mind under the hinged landmark.IMG-605cc323e4b0573720755ee817b96faa-V.jpg Since it is a nugget with natural impunities, it is harder than pure silver. Maybe it was made with cold forging, when they didn`t know how to melt metal?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back