What's new

Can you help ID these CW era bullets?

moholedigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
61
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mexico, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Well, I have been busy lately (for me, that means 4 trips in the last four weeks, but they've been productive as you can see). I have a number of bullets that I assume are of the Civil War era. All but the two in the second column were found within fifteen feet of each other. I also have a three-ringer that I found in range but over a slight crest (wooded area) and I am beginning to think I found a little gun battle.
However, any help identifying what kind of bullets these are would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • cwbull1.webp
    cwbull1.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 237
The flat ones are too damaged for me to even guess their original diameter, the four on the right are probably .22 rimfire. The oner marked .50 or 1/2" might be older muzzle loader bullets, but I can't tell. The big fat one intrigues me. It looks like it has a crimping groove and might be from a .50-100 for an old buffalo rifle? A picture of the bottom of the bullets might help? Best I can do. Monty
 
Upvote 0
The round balls are more than likely civil war or earlier. All of the others are more modern.
 
Upvote 0
Really? I thought they were all Civil War era?

As far as the .22 rimfire.. are both columns .22's? I figured they were for a pistol.
 
Upvote 0
No, too small for a pistol unless a .22 pistol. I don't think they are civil war and too diverse to be from a battle. Just my opinion. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Spur ID
Replies
8
Views
755
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom