Can you help me with this one..Thanks.

ROCKMAN51

Jan 27, 2006
Born in Keyser, Wv. I live at Rawlings, Md. 21557
Detector(s) used
I use 2 old model Whites 5000D Series2/6000D 2 Pro.
Hello Again,

You guys really helped me out a lot the other day on knowing that the pictures I showed
was an organ reed. I'm really not sure if I should post this here because it's really not as
to say a civil war item even though it was found at a battle field site. I've had it posted on
three other forums on here.I'm getting viewers but no replies and I guess this is my last
chance to find out anything on here. Could you please tell me anything at all about this
also the possible value and age.
I found this a few years ago while metal detecting a civil war battle site.
I believe it is a antique hair brett but not sure.I was told it is silver and
hand made but has no markings on it at all and also at one time it had
three stones on it but they were missing when it was found.You guy's are great on this site
but not that they aren't on the other forums....I guess no one relly knows anything about it.

Thanks,
ROCKMAN51

Attachments

• 102_6728-1.jpg
    102_6728-1.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 102_6711-1.jpg
    102_6711-1.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 319
  • 102_6728-1.jpg
    102_6728-1.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 324
  • 102_6711-1.jpg
    102_6711-1.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0
Another member found a silver hair ornament or brooch of some sort a while back on here...I will try to find the link, but I don't remember much about the post...except that I ran across the same find posted by that member up for sale on Ebay...

-Buckleboy

Hi gypsyheart,

Thank you for the reply.....about a year ago I took it to a Jewler...She's the one that told me it was hand
made and made of Silver.....She said she didn't know all to much about antique jewelry....She also said,
like you ,that it definately was one of a kind. She also said to her she couldn't put a price on something
like that....She said to her something like this is priceless....I think I better find someone who deals
with things like antique jewelry....If you think of anything else please let me know....I have it posted on
a couple other forums on here but still no replys.
ROCKMAN51

neat a very old one of a kind handmade silver hair clip -- sad that it was damaged by someone who took its stones out -- but still neat none the less ---sale value? money wize price ? --as always what ever their willing to pay and your willing to take for it ---if the two match its sold ---hard to put a set "$" amount on such a unique item ---- Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back