What's new

Can you ID this .... KEY ?????

FloodcityTom

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2020
Messages
280
Reaction score
860
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hope somebody can help me ID this little puzzle I pulled up a while ago around an old house. It is brass about two inches, looks to have some sort of small "Pin" protruding & a hole running thru it and a hole up front. I thinking some sort of key.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN6362 (2).webp
    DSCN6362 (2).webp
    26 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN6363 (2).webp
    DSCN6363 (2).webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 64
It’s the on/off valve for a antique victorian style gas lamp petcock. There were numerous different styles.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1597513307.850191.webp
 
Upvote 0
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!!!
 
Upvote 0
I don't think so.. I think it is out of barrel tap or an old spigot key.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here are a couple photos showing the gas petcock valve like yours. Your find has the stop pin and flat shoulders on the end that are common to victorian gas lamp valves.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1597517643.138564.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1597517655.821933.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1597517665.489580.webp
 
Upvote 0
Here is an oddity then. This came out of my great grandparents house and I have had it since the 1960's. The valve .. or key .. is the one that has been with it and fits the opening perfectly. I am guessing it is a water jug, but now I am wondering about it.:icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 3.28.45 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 3.28.45 PM.webp
    104.6 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
Does the valve “key” in your water jug have an opening on the bottom of it for the water to come through when it is turned?
 
Upvote 0
What ever it was on it was part of a pitcock valve.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom