Can you trust a coin-counting machine?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i trust the coin counter every week, it's only been inaccurate once in 3 years i've been using it. I was reimbursed for my loss too.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we don't have coin counters in the banks in CA (besides a few random CU's, none of the majors do) , but I would trust them far more than CWR's. I used to buy all the CWR dimes and quarters from a couple Chase branches and the dimes were almost always ok but the quarters rolls always had pennies and nickles stuffed in them. At one branch it must have been the same person doing the scam because at first it was only 1 per roll and only on some of the rolls. The last time I bought them and said "ok im done with this" every roll was short and some rolls had 3-5 stuffers in them. I think the total was like $15-20 , but whatever thats part of the risk. Only got shorted on dimes once, a bunch of the rolls only had $4 instead of $5, but it was maybe only $10.

I still do dimes occassionally but only if I am out of halves completely. I find keepers still in dimes, but my "ounces per hour searched" is 4x greater with halves than dimes, so I just upped all my half orders.

I've used coin counters in other states, mainly MN when I visit family and its always been spot on.

Silvercrazy

Nov 24, 2006
They will be right on 99.9% of the time. But to pacify yourself have a general idea how much you brought in within a couple of bucks. Good Luck. Dennis.

SilverQuest

Oct 23, 2010
Oklahoma/Kansas border
No you can't. Every time I go to the bank and have my coins counted it was off. After 3rd time I stopped going to that bank.

I always count when un wrapping and rewrapping, just to be safe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread