jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe same as Ours 1964 & earlier. if there is a 64 in the bunch, you should be able to tell, by dropping it on a table & the sound it makes

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys (a quick FYI)

Canada continued making silver coins thru 1967!

All their dimes, quarters, 1/2s, and dollars are silver from 1967 & before!

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Leon, sort them with your magnet. If they attract they are pure nickel. If they don't they are mostly .800 fine. Some earlier types were .925 sterling I think just like all old british coins. Where the brits went down to .500 the canadians never did but some of their modern proofs are now .500 fine. exanimo, ss

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1942 Canadian Quarters, ARE Silver

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey all, Thanks for the info!
What was throwing me off were the dates. I have some 1967 quarters that looked about like the older 40 quarters, but I didn't think they went up that far in years for silver. I need to brake down and buy me some books on coins. I'm sure they go into detail about the composit, weight, etc...
Oops, I said, " I have ", the coins are actually my Ol'lady's. She really puts the skunk on me when she works the cash register. Yesterday, a girl come in and bought a pack of cigarettes with $4 dollars worth of rolled wheaties. A few of them look like they were just struck. ;D It's taken me 8 months to find a alittle over a dollars worth, and their nowheres near as in good of condition. >:(
Anyway, Thanks agian all...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread