Canadian Prospectors forum

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
It's now 11:11 P.M. and I tried checking out the forum, but it was a painfully slow server considering I'm used to painfully slow dialup.

Didn't care for having to register just to download the info on the BFO metal detector. I hate pdf files anyway.

F.

OP
OP
shiver

shiver

Greenie
Feb 17, 2006
Thanks for the critique Functional,

I guess I've never considered speed as an issue due to my high speed connection...Maybe I'll consider an alternate host.

And will also definitely change the permissions to allow access of information to all viewer's...that is the whole point right?

Thanks
Shiver

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome !

Nice site shiver.
I'm sure it will be Helpfull to many.

It wasn't real slow for me this morning.

A have to agree on the PDF files though.
They work like Virus's for me.
I usualy need to Restart my Computer
to get back out of them :P May be my system though.

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
shiver said:
Thanks for the critique Functional,

I guess I've never considered speed as an issue due to my high speed connection...Maybe I'll consider an alternate host.

And will also definitely change the permissions to allow access of information to all viewer's...that is the whole point right?

Thanks
Shiver

It is now about 10:38 AM here in B.C. and I just clicked on your link again. It took roughly 43 seconds before the page started loading. (I don't know if this is due to a nameserver thats a little slow, or what?) Clicking on the link to the Gold Prospectors forum took about 7 seconds to load the page. (I don't know if its on the same server or not.) Obviously Treasure Net has somewhat more, or better access to a backbone as I normally tend to have the forum page loading from clicking on my bookmark, within a few seconds at most.

I know theres some good, reasonably priced servers out there, including some free ones that only use a banner ad. I don't have any prospecting sites, but I have a website, (which I don't wish to post on here), on a server that is quite good. You can check out:
http://www.netfirms.com/
This is one of the websites they host:
http://www.savoryentree.com/
It loads on my computer in about 3 seconds even with a 90kb image thats bigger than all the images on your home page.
(Just a suggestion if your looking for hosting options.)

F.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread