Cannon, anyone ever go back and?

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone remember the cannon that was dumped off Indian River Dr. 'bout 16 or 17 years ago? It was being brought in...there was some dissagreement between to 2 entities...and instead of taking her back...it had to be hurrily off loaded and thus she was dumped very close to the museum and yes...never recovered.
I heard she was in perfect condition...and no one ever went back for it.

Trez

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trez,

The cannon you are talking about,is it a small bronze cannon?if so i kinda know the general area where it was so called lost.the story i heard was it was being brought to shore in the ICW on a small flat barge.the weather was bad and to avoid sinking thier boat that was towing the barge.they dumped it overboard.its still there from what i have heard.its a small 4-5 foot bronze cannon.plus i have heard of a pile of iron cannons dumped just south of the museum in the ICW near the east side.

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not the same old men that were telling stories at Tiger Shores that told you that I hope.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brad,

no,the story i heard was from the the son of the guy that lost the cannon.

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well.....so there's more than one cannon story, lol.
the cannon that I question, was iron...it had to be disposed of hurrily because the "author-i-tie" heard about it and where looking to pay a visit...
so it lays very close to the museum, the one in Sebastian ;)
I would much prefer the bronze...but would settle for a pristine iron 12 pounder.
again, after all these years...it still may be laying.

Trez

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread