What's new

cannonball in the wall

oldbenny

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
44
Reaction score
110
Golden Thread
0
Location
weymouth
Detector(s) used
xpp goldmaxx 2 garrett at pro mienleab excailbur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well not found with a metal detector but interesting .. I think . this is what a civil war cannonball does to a public toilet in Weymouth Dorset England been there for hundreds of years just seen it myself although I have lived here for years ...just thought I would share it
 

Attachments

  • fd38948bcc152d052629acb6ca88391c.webp
    fd38948bcc152d052629acb6ca88391c.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 28
LOL...Public Toilet-1, Cannonball-0 :tongue3:

Perhaps this was the origin of the phrase "built like a brick sh*t house!" :laughing7:
 
That's really cool
 
A hole in one,vanzutphen
 
Some one wanted in there really badly.
 
Very cool, thanks for sharing
 
I know that I'd leave a big a$$ skid mark if I was on the other side of that wall when the cannon ball made contact...:thumbsup:
 
Reminded me of this Ridgefield Conn. landmark from the Battle of Ridgefield, April 27, 1777. Keeler Tavern Marker

It appears about the same size. The British had 6 artillery pcs on this expedition. Both of the balls appear about the same size, maybe 3 inches. Would this hae been called a 4 pounder?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom