What's new

Cant find them in the box so I had to look in the water

Ifyndit

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
255
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
Can't find them in the box so I had to look in the water

Been some slim pickings the last couple days. I haven't found a Walker CRH since 9/12/2008 (got 5 that day) so I had to head out and do some shallow water hunting. Found this one today at a local lake that had a resort on it during the 1920's-60's. Also got 3 wheaties 19s, 44s, 58d.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00950.webp
    DSC00950.webp
    17 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC00951.webp
    DSC00951.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0
Re: Can't find them in the box so I had to look in the water

Nice MD find. You going to clean it up?
 
Re: Can't find them in the box so I had to look in the water

Probably will not clean it up. About the only way to get those water finds clean is electrolysis, tumbling, or baking soda (or all of the above!). I kinda don't want to do that to this coin. It looks better than many I have found from the water.
 
Re: Can't find them in the box so I had to look in the water

I had a Barber dime I found in a Christmas tree farm that was black like that. Electrolysis was the only thing that would clean it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom